September 28, 2016
Developed by ONCF (or, the National Railways Office), the MITA logistics park consists of the following:
- Surface area of the site in hectares: 32
- Dry port in hectares: 8
- Platform surface in hectares: 24
The first section of this logistics platform, which was completed in September 2013, consists of the following facilities:
- Storage warehouses and offices: 28,000 square meters;
- Couriers’ warehouses;
- A business center: 4,500 square meters.
Some key figures concerning MITA’s dry port:
- Length of passing tracks: 600 ml for each of the two tracks;
- Weighbridge capacity: 60 tons;
- Number of handling engines: 2 reachsteakers and 1 forklift truck;
- Capacity of reachsteakers: 40 tons over 4 levels;
- Storage capacity: 300 EVP.